Skip to content
- I would like to run a Street Wisdom event – what’s involved? It’s simple – pick a date, a 3 hour time slot and a place – preferably an urban environment with plenty of stimulus. Set up your event using our online registration process, publicise it, and sign up your participants. Read the Street Wisdom Guide and follow the simple instructions. If you’re looking at running an online event, you just need to decide on the date and time, bearing time-zones in mind. Online WalkShops are 90 minutes.
- Do I need to have experienced Street Wisdom in order to run one? It’s always best if you’ve taken part beforehand, so you can understand the process from a participants perfective. If you can’t take part in a facilitated session, you can download our audio guide and David Pearl will guide you through the process. You’ll find all of the facilitation instructions in the Street Wisdom Guide.
- What’s the difference in facilitating in-person and online events? During lockdown we started trialling online events and realised they worked well and were really impactful. They are more easily accessible as people can take part from anywhere around the world, so we wanted to keep them going alongside our in-person events. Online events are shorter (90 minutes) but the facilitation process is the same. Participants can take part from a laptop or smartphone but we recommend facilitators take part from a laptop with a good internet connection. You’ll also need to set up the event on Zoom and be confident in facilitating a group online. Get in touch to discuss running an online event.
- It’s free – what’s the deal? Street Wisdom is offered as free shareware in exchange for stories, donations and feedback via social media. We want to make every street on earth a source of inspiration. However, if money changes hands at your event (eg. you use it as a fundraiser), or it is used in a professional context, we expect a fair donation from the proceeds. We suggest 25% but please contact us to discuss further.
- Can I use Street Wisdom as a professional tool? Street Wisdom is used across the globe by coaches, therapists, teachers, urban planners, HR professionals and many others who understand its wide-ranging potential. Contact us for more information.
- How many participants should I aim for? A Street Wisdom session usually involves around 10-15 people per organiser. As Street Wisdom is free, we often find that some of the registrations fail to show and factor this in to our planning. If you’d like to make it a bigger event, just enlist another person to help you lead it. If you’re leading an online event, you’re able to use online breakout rooms for the sharing process so it’s possible to increase the number of participants. Get in touch to discuss this.
- How should I close the event? Encourage your participants to share their stories with us via social media and our website; ask them to sign up as organisers and run their own events; remind them that Street Wisdom is free but that we appreciate donations. Take a few minutes at the end of your session to point them towards the big red buttons at the top of our homepage – we’ve made it easy for them to take action.
- What do I need to do afterwards? Write a blog for us (see instructions above), Tweet, post on Facebook or Instagram – let us and the world know how your event went. If you’ve created your event through our website, we’ll automatically follow up with your group on your behalf via email. And of course, we’d love you to run more than one event.
- I’ve got some questions, can I speak to someone? We are always delighted to hear from you. Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org